2011 Kawasaki Bayou 250 ATV
A handy helper ATV with a wallet-friendly price
Don’t judge it by its size: The 2011 Kawasaki Bayou 250 ATV is a formidable workhorse. Simple to use and easy to love, this economical ATV combines a durable air-cooled four-stroke single with a five-speed transmission plus reverse, connected to a reliable and quiet shaft drive. Plus, its steel front and rear racks have a combined payload capacity of 110 pounds.
This tough little ATV worker uses an independent A-arm front suspension and a semi-independent multi-link rear suspension. This design equals a smooth, compliant ride without any of the complexity or maintenance required by a fully independent design.
The Kawasaki Bayou 250 ATV features include triple drum brakes, easy-to-read fuel gauge and a 12-volt accessory connector to provide quick and easy power to your electronic devices. A tow hitch bracket means that the Kawasaki Bayou 250 can tow 450 pounds. It is also equipped with a throttle limiter — making its power friendlier for new riders. Owners can increase the versatility of their Kawasaki Bayou ATV with an extensive line of Authentic Kawasaki Accessories, available from their local Kawasaki dealer.
• Great value and utility at a down-to-earth price
• Dependable air-cooled four-stroke powerplant
• Compact and nimble, excellent for tight trails or open farmland
228cc Air-cooled Four-stroke engine
• Smooth and reliable power
• Hassle-free electric starter offers push-button starting convenience
• Recoil starter offers additional starting option in the event of a low battery
• Semi-automatic five-speed transmission with reverse is durable and easy to operate
• Shaft drive is reliable, quiet and very low maintenance
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
• Quiet muffler is equipped with a catalytic converter
• Complies with EPA and CARB regulations
• Main jet changed to match jetting requirements of the catalytic converter additions
• Steel cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 110 pounds
• Triple drum brakes offer progressive stopping power
• 450-pound towing capacity
• Molded bodywork is tough and easy to clean
• Independent A-arm front suspension offers comfortable ride
• Only ATV in its class with a semi-independent rear suspension
• Easy-to-read fuel gauge allows the rider to check the fuel level at a glance
• 12-volt connector provides convenient power for your electrical accessories
Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 69.0 x 61.0mm
Compression ratio: 8.9: 1
Carburetion: Single 24mm Mikuni VM24SS
Ignition: Solid state with electronic ignition backup
Transmission: Five-speed-plus reverse with automatic clutch
Final drive: Shaft
Frame Type: Double cradle, steel
Suspension front / wheel travel: Single A-arm, independent / 4.5 in.
Suspension rear / wheel travel: Semi-independent Quad-Link with dual shocks / 4.9 in.
Front Tire Size: AT21x8-9 tubeless
Rear Tire Size: AT22x10-10 tubeless
Front brakes / rear brakes: Dual drums / Drum
Overall length: 70.1 in.
Overall width: 40.2 in.
Wheelbase: 43.9 in.
Ground clearance: Center of chassis – 7.5 in., at rear axle – 6.1 in.
Seat height: 28.7 in.
Lighting: 25W x 2
Rack capacity, front / rear: 44 / 66 lbs.
Towing capacity: 450 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
Curb weight: 427.8 lbs.
Instruments: Neutral indicator, reverse indicator
Color Choices: Woodsman Green, Adventure Blue
Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty: 12 Months