2014 Honda FourTrax Rancher ATV
For 2014, the two-wheel-drive FourTrax® Rancher® ATV stays true to its hard-working roots, only more so thanks to an all-new frame and front and rear suspension with increased travel and adjustable spring preload to accommodate various load conditions. A new enclosed-axle swingarm provides optimized stiffness for improved durability, and contributes to even better handling along with a smoother ride. Whether the day calls for hard work or loads of fun, the FourTrax Rancher's torque-laden liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc engine gets the job done. Choices include a model with Honda's renowned Electric Shift Program (ESP) for push-button shifting, or a manual-shift model to suit your specific riding style. Either way, the new FourTrax Rancher/FourTrax Rancher ES ATV make every ride more fun.
- All-new double-cradle steel chassis with a redesigned frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness (up 20 percent) for even more precise handling and a smoother ride.
- New front and rear suspension features an increase in travel to 6.7 inches at both ends, plus new shocks for a plush and controlled ride.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 848-pound towing capacity.
- Twin-headlight system has been redesigned and now features 35-watt headlights with a more focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina, using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low-rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- New mapping for the Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for greater range.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear. The Rancher ES model incorporates Honda's exclusive ESP for easy shifts with the touch of a handlebar-mounted button.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Adjustable spring preload now featured on all shocks to allow for quick and easy suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- New enclosed-axle swingarm with optimized stiffness for improved toughness and durability, and excellent handling performance.
- New rubber swingarm pivot bushings yield increased low-speed ride comfort and increased durability.
- Rear brake is now located in a more protected area inside the right rear wheel for improved durability and increased ground clearance.
- The new Rancher offers a tighter turning radius of 9.2 feet.
- All-new one-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- New, aggressively styled bodywork also provides better mud protection.
- Increased AC generator output of 416 watts to allow powering more electrical accessories.
- New Honda Phantom Camo blends into a wide range of field environments, and new Honda application procedures provide better graphic durability and improved resistance to fuel spillage.
- New meter display with added functions like a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for service—ESP model only.
- New fuel pump is derived from Honda automobile technology. It mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers increased filter life.
- New plastic CV joint boots are more durable and tear-resistant.
- New sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Newly optimized rider triangle for added comfort.
- A 20mm (0.8 inch) increase in seat foam thickness and softer seat foam increase rider comfort.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stopping power.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Front carrier capacity is 66 pounds and rear is 133 pounds.
||TRX420TM1 / TRX420TE1
||420cc liquid-cooled OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
|Bore and Stroke:
||86.5mm x 71.5mm
||Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 34mm throttle body
||Full transistorized with electronic advance
||Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
||Five-speed with Reverse (TRX420TM1) / ESP five-speed with Reverse (TRX420TE1)
||Direct rear driveshaft
||Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 6.7 inches travel
||Front: Dual hydraulic discs
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
||Front: 24 x 8-12
Rear: 24 x 10-11
||3.9 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve
||573 pounds (TRX420TM1) / 575 pounds (TRX420TE1)