Polaris Rolls Out 2008 Products Offering More Options for Every Type of Rider
Polaris today unveiled its product offerings for 2008, showcasing a variety of new machines that meet the wants and needs of riders including the most complete offering of ATVs in the industry, a new six-passenger side-by-side and the ultimate in style and comfort for an American luxury-touring motorcycle.
The powersports industry frontrunner shared the new products with their dealers in Nashville , Tenn. , as part of its five-day summer sales meeting at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center.
With new innovative products fueling growth in new markets and significant product enhancements strengthening its position within the industry, Polaris is set to thrive as a powersports leader in 2008", said Bennett Morgan, president and chief operating officer, Polaris Industries Inc. "We have created an incredible wave of momentum that is driving the business, making it stronger and gaining market share in all categories."
To introduce the new 2008 model year ATV and RANGER Side-by-Side vehicles to their dealers, Polaris invited some of its partners including High Lifter, Dragonfire Racing, Jagged-X, Team Mafia Racing, Custom Motorsports and H-Bomb to show off their custom-built machines and put on an opening night show like no other in Polaris Dealer Meeting history. High Lifter and H-Bomb also put on a special demonstration for dealers at the demo track to show the versatility of Polaris ATVs and Side-by-Sides.
Driven to meet the needs of powersports enthusiasts, Polaris has created a simplified and compelling 2008 ATV product line that caters to a wider variety of customers. "The World's Toughest ATVs" continue to re-invent themselves with new offerings that take the Polaris Recreation & Utility, Sport, and Youth ATV market to new levels of performance and comfort.
· Sportsman® Line -- Recreational and utility riders will continue to enjoy the Sportsman line with its legendary ride and handling. For Polaris' one-up recreation and utility offering, the legendary Sportsman line has been improved and simplified. All fuel injected Sportsman models come standard with engine braking (EBS), Active Descent Control (ADC), and some are painted in a variety of new and appealing colors. The Sportsman 800 EFI returns with 10 percent more power, standard dual exhaust, improved throttle and clutching response, and is painted, while The Sportsman 500 H.O. returns for 2008 as the best-value 500 on the market at $5,999, $500 less than its 1996 introductory MSRP. For the customer that wants the Sportsman legendary ride and handling in a mid-size package, Polaris introduced the Sportsman 400 H.O. and the Sportsman 300.
· Sportsman Touring -- With the 2-Up market continuing to grow, Polaris introduced the Sportsman 800 EFI Touring and the Sportsman 500 EFI Touring for 2008. The Touring models offer more passenger room, along with better ergonomics and value than the competition. Additional features include a larger and taller backrest for the passenger, dual cup holders, soft, vibration-absorbing hand holds and adjustable, vibration-absorbing foot wells making them "The World's Most Comfortable ATVs."
· Outlaw Line -- Polaris' 2008 high performance sport quad offering is the most complete ever featuring three Outlaw models designed to win on the trail, the track or in the dunes. The Outlaw 525 IRS returns for 2008 along with the new Outlaw 525 S and the Outlaw 450 MXR.
o Outlaw 525 S -- Featuring a premium straight axle suspension, the Outlaw 525 S is designed to dominate the dunes. The Outlaw 525 S boasts a dry weight of 375 lbs. and is powered by a 510cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled KTM engine with 39 mm Keihin FCR-MX carburetor. Competitively priced and outfitted with the traditional tough features such as stainless steel, braided brake lines, FOX® Shox and Maxxis® Radial tires, the Outlaw 525 S is a dune enthusiasts' ultimate machine.
o Outlaw 450 MXR -- This high-performance sport quad with a 449cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled KTM engine is the fastest 450 on the market, and was built for the track. Featuring lowered ride height, premium suspension with FOX piggyback Shox and Maxxis RAZR MX tires, the Outlaw 450 MXR meets the demands of racers, and adds best-in-class depth to Polaris' sport quad lineup.
· Youth ATVs -- In 2008, young riders can choose from three different, 4-stroke models from Polaris' best-selling line of youth ATVs, the Sportsman 90, Outlaw 90 and the newest youth ATV, the Outlaw 50. All three models continue to lead the way in rider safety with features such as a removable ignition key, electronic throttle control, daytime running lights, full floorboards and heat shield to protect young riders. Also in 2008, all Polaris youth products will come with a DOT-approved helmet and matching jersey to teach kids the importance of wearing the proper safety gear.
"The depth of the 2008 ATV offering provides best-ever quality, comfort, value and performance to meet the needs of every ATV enthusiast," said Mike Dougherty, general manager for the ATV Division at Polaris.
In Other ATV News
In recognition of the many sacrifices our U.S. Military soldiers overseas make to ensure our freedom, Polaris presented a check on behalf of its dealers and customers for $50,000 to the Armed Forces Foundation which supports servicemen and women and their families. As part of the Polaris Pride Sales Event this summer, Polaris committed to donating a portion of the proceeds from ATV and RANGER sales to the Armed Forces Foundation. Polaris has proudly partnered with the U.S. Military for years providing soldiers both here and abroad with quality off-road vehicles.
RANGER™ Side-by-Side Vehicles
Whether you want to work harder or play faster, the 2008 RANGER Side-by-Side lineup brings exciting new models and big improvements to the hardest working, smoothest riding utility vehicles on the market. A total of six models including the improved RANGER utility lineup of the RANGER 2x4, RANGER 4x4 EFI, RANGER XP and RANGER 6x6 which will feature Dual Bore Piston Brakes with 30 percent more braking force, dash-mounted parking brake, 40 percent brighter headlines and a 1-ton hauling capacity on the RANGER XP and RANGER 6x6 EFI, and the all-new RANGER CREW and RANGER RZR will provide something for everyone in RANGER country.
· RANGER CREW -- The all-new RANGER CREW is the hardest working, smoothest riding, multi-passenger utility vehicle in the industry. RANGER CREW is powered by a Polaris 700 Twin EFI engine and boasts a 44 MPH top speed. Along with providing massive, dual, under-seat storage, the RANGER CREW has all the features that made the RANGER line one of the best-selling lines of utility vehicles including Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) and Polaris true All Wheel Drive (AWD).
· RANGER RZR -- The RANGER RZR is the fastest accelerating and only trail capable side-by-side on the market. Powered by a Polaris 800 Twin EFI engine, RANGER RZR has a class-leading top speed of 55 MPH, is the lightest side-by-side at 945 lbs., is 50 inches wide and has the lowest center of gravity. These features, coupled with RANGER RZR's unique design, create a vehicle that delivers razor sharp side-by-side performance. Built for play first, work second, RANGER RZR still provides all the utility you need including a cargo bed rated for 300 lbs with 12 tie-down points, 1500 lb. towing capacity, under-hood storage and a wide variety of PURE Polaris accessories. Starting in August, Polaris will be doubling RANGER RZR production to keep up with the demand of this highly sought-after Side-by-Side.
"The innovative, game-changing products of our 2008 model line have every member of RANGER country excited," said Matt Homan, general manager of the Side-by-Side Division for Polaris. "With the hardest working, smoothest riding RANGER and the introduction of the RANGER CREW and RANGER RZR, we have the dominant work vehicle, dominant play vehicle and dominant multi-passenger utility vehicle."
Victory Motorcycles continues to blaze a trail to deliver, year after year, new model lineups comprised of progressive, modern, technologically-advanced American motorcycles. In 2007, Victory successfully played in all cruiser segments with a line of seven unique motorcycles. The unveiling of the Victory Vision™, the all-new, revolutionary entry into the luxury touring motorcycle segment, rounds out The New American Motorcycle's model lineup for 2008.
Victory heard the demands for a new, higher level of American innovation, and has delivered with a full line of cruisers and touring bikes, all of which provide riders with the ultimate motorcycle experience.
· Victory Vision -- After six years of development, the Victory Vision line of motorcycles has established a new standard for modern American luxury-touring cruisers. The all-new luxury touring motorcycle is a revolutionary product that boasts class-leading comfort and breakthrough American styling. Victory's own Next Generation Freedom 106/6 engine featuring 106 cubic inches, a 6-speed transmission with overdrive, 92 horsepower and 109 foot-pounds of torque is the heartbeat inside these remarkable new models. Extensive research, including focus groups and spending time with riders in their environment, drove Victory in developing a luxury-touring bike with smooth, modern styling that offers a relaxed feet-forward riding position, along with outstanding wind protection, airflow management, cargo capacity, performance and reliability. The Victory Vision Tour™ and Victory Vision Street each share the same chassis and drivetrain but feature distinct equipment packages. The Victory Vision Tour has a rear storage compartment that provides the passenger with a padded backrest and two additional audio speakers. Additional accessories and packages are available for each model including communications and "infotainment" devices such as XM Radio, CB radio, driver-passenger communications systems and a Victory Vision GPS system.
· Next Generation Freedom V-Twin Engine -- The most significant improvement across Victory's 2008 cruiser line is the all-new Next Generation Freedom 100/6 V-Twin engine. As Victory developed the 106 engine for the Victory Vision line, it also engineered performance enhancements and new components for the 100-inch that delivers more power in a smoother, quieter fashion. The 100-inch engine has a new engine control module with closed loop fuel injection, new throttle body, oxygen sensors and idle air control. Additionally, the Next Generation Freedom 100/6 produces 85 horsepower and 106 foot-pounds of torque, and features a transmission with a new first gear for better low speed drivability and a new sixth gear to lower rpm's on the freeway.
· The Vegas Low -- Victory launched the stylish Victory Vegas in 2003, expanded the line in 2005 with the successful Vegas 8-Ball and, this year, has brought the popular Vegas style and performance to even more riders with the introduction of the Vegas Low. The new 2008 model, developed to provide a better fit for smaller or shorter riders, features the lowest seat height in the low rider class (25.2 inches) and sculpted side covers (1 1/2 inches narrower) that create a more direct reach to the ground. Adding to the comfort and confidence of the rider is the Vegas Low's easy-to-reach hand controls, 2-inch pullback handlebars and an adjustable brake lever to accommodate riders with smaller hands. The footpegs and foot controls have also been moved 2 1/4 inches back, and positioned so that even though the bike is lower, is still has excellent cornering clearance.
· Kingpin 8-Ball -- The ride, the handling, power and ergonomics are pure Kingpin, but the look of this Victory cruiser is all-new. Victory has applied the blacked-out 8-Ball treatment to this new 2008 model, and created a cruiser with distinct styling on everything from the wheels and engine to the handlebars, foot controls and forks. The Kingpin 8-Ball delivers outstanding value and style, and gives the rider the chance to customize a bike to make it truly their own. The Kingpin 8-Ball delivers outstanding value and style, and gives the rider the chance to customize a bike to make it truly their own. Both the Kingpin 8-Ball and the successful Vegas 8-Ball have the 100-cubic inch Freedom engine but keep the smooth 5-speed transmission.
· Ness Signature Series -- Arlen and Cory Ness, two of the country's legendary custom bike builders and Victory styling partners, have again channeled their creative artistry into a pair of limited-edition Vegas Jackpot models for 2008. To reinforce the limited-edition nature of these models, each 2008 Ness bike will have a numbered badge on its engine with Arlen or Cory's signature. Other features include custom paint schemes, tons of newly styled Ness chrome and billet accessories, along with Ness wheels and an extensive list of other Ness-designed details.
"Victory motorcycles have taken another significant step in its history by aggressively attacking the touring market with our new flagship model, the Victory Vision," said Mark Blackwell , vice president of Victory Motorcycles and Polaris International Operations. "This growth has positioned Victory and its dealers with a well-rounded lineup of motorcycles that plays in every segment of the touring and cruiser market."
With annual 2006 sales of $1.7 billion, Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), Victory motorcycles and the Polaris RANGER for recreational and utility use.
Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ATVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all new American-made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years, are rapidly making impressive in-roads into the motorcycle cruiser marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.
Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PII,” and the Company is included in the S&P Small-Cap 600 stock price index.
Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories is available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime from the Polaris homepage at www.polarisindustries.com.