CONSUMER SATISFACTION, HORSEPOWER AND ADDED FEATURES HIGHLIGHT 2005
All-Terrain Line-up Enhanced as Consumer Satisfaction Soars
Valcourt, Québec, June 10, 2004 - Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP) announces the debut of its 2005 line-up of all-terrain vehicles with a radical redesign of the Rally(TM) 200 model, new features on many other models, soaring consumer satisfaction numbers and big news about the horsepower of its cleaner Rotax(TM) 4 TEC(TM) 400 H.O. engine.
According to research conducted by Hindle Performance of Toronto, Ontario, the rear wheel dyno horsepower of the Outlander(TM) 400 H.O. is up to 40 percent higher than that of its competitors. The result is more versatility and hauling capacity for increased consumer value.
And although the brand is only in its fifth year, initial consumer satisfaction Bombardier* ATVs continues to grow, bringing BRP to #2 in the North American market for 2003 according to research conducted by BrandSpark International.
After a year of groundbreaking product news in 2004, BRP continues to refine and improve what is already the most innovative, customer-focused line of ATVs on the market. Leading enhancements for 2005 include:
- - The Rally(TM) 200 has been radically redesigned to offer better rider protection, comfort and aggressive good looks.
- - The Bombardier MAX(TM) Series is the world's first ATV specifically designed and engineered for two-riders. Forty-six percent of riders surveyed by BrandSpark International said they would set up their next ATV like an Outlander Max 400 H.O. 4x4 with CRS, the Convertible Rack and Seat system, which allows the rider to choose between this ATV's standard two-up seat or an added rack area instead.
- - Outlander offers new features, and the 400 H.O. offers more horsepower than any ATV in its class.
- - Traxter(TM) boasts new and upgraded features, including an Automatic CVT.
BRP's ongoing attention to quality and innovation has resulted in customer satisfaction numbers that have soared for a brand that - at barely five years old - continues to lead the market in design innovation and overall consumer value.
"BRP has continued to hold true to its mission to provide the most exciting and innovative all-terrain vehicles on the market," said Chris Dawson, Vice President of Marketing for BRP. "With improvements to an already advanced line of products, we're not just offering our customers the latest ATV advancements - we're inventing new ones. And we're doing so while pleasing more and more consumers."
As the newest manufacturer in the ATV market, BRP has applied its well known methodology of studying a market, understanding its consumers and the industry's product shortcomings, and developing new, innovative vehicles with features and benefits previously unseen in the market. These innovations include the step-through design of the original Traxter and the world's first two-rider ATV.
Through careful study of consumers' needs along with creative engineering and innovative design, BRP produces ATVs that exceed the demands of today's consumer. Industry leading DS650, DS650 X, and youth DS50/90 ATVs complete BRP's line up of all terrain vehicles.
Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. is a world leader in design, development, manufacturing, distributing and marketing of Sea Doo® watercraft and sport boats, Ski Doo® and Lynx(TM) snowmobiles, Johnson® and Evinrude® outboard engines, direct injection technologies such as Evinrude E TEC(TM), Bombardier* all-terrain vehicles (ATV), Rotax(TM) engines and karts, as well as Bombardier* utility vehicles.
®, (TM) Trademark of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates.
* Trademark of Bombardier Inc. used under license.