2009 Kawasaki KFX450R Monster Energy ATV
Track-ready performance, woods-ready maneuverability
For riders wanting something different in a race-ready, high performance ATV, the Kawasaki KFX®450R Monster Energy Edition is the answer. With its black bodywork, frame and wheels highlighted by an aggressive Monster Energy® graphics set, this born-to-race ATV will certainly stand out from the pack.
The Kawasaki KFX450R uses a powerplant based on Kawasaki’s highly acclaimed KX™450F motocross engine. An efficient and highly-responsive 32-bit digital fuel injection (DFI) system automatically compensates for temperature or altitude. DFI also enhances the engine’s ability to generate torque in the low and medium rpm ranges for outstanding holeshot acceleration. This ATV’s ability to find traction is superb, and its four-stroke power delivery translates into hooked-up wheels for improved handling and higher corner speeds.
Other race-ready features include a lightweight titanium exhaust header pipe and a durable forged piston. The fast and reliable Kawasaki KFX450R was also the first competition-oriented ATV to include a reverse gear. Previously unheard of in racing, the KFX450R’s lightweight reverse system lets riders quickly extricate themselves from first turn chaos, dead-end trails or any other on-track incident.
Winning races requires a chassis that’s built to handle tough racing conditions. The all-aluminium frame provides light weight and incredible stiffness without sacrificing strength. The front suspension design utilizes long lower A-arms mounted to a single box-section lower frame tube. This results in outstanding suspension action from the frontend. At the rear, a cast aluminium swingarm provides the ideal balance of flexibility and rigidity. The high-tech chassis also features a low center of gravity and excellent roll resistance. Regardless of changing conditions or rough track surfaces, this race-oriented chassis makes the KFX450R a potent weapon in the battle for ATV supremacy.
The Kawasaki KFX450R is easy to work on, so riders can concentrate on winning instead of wrenching. The two-piece front and rear “lapped” fenders make it possible to customize the size of the fenders or replace damaged sections separately. Even the headlight assembly is quickly detachable for closed-course races, and the compact design means this ATV looks just as aggressive with or without headlights. These features leave little doubt that the new KFX450R was designed to get its rider on track and winning races as quickly as possible.
The Kawasaki KFX450R ATV was developed concurrently with a full line of Authentic Kawasaki Accessories that are available through Kawasaki dealers.
449cc liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, four-stroke single
- A lightweight forged piston reduces reciprocating weight
- Triple piston rings and a 21mm diameter piston pin help increase durability and reduce necessary maintenance
- Lightweight titanium valves and aluminum valve spring retainers reduce reciprocating weight and boost high-rpm reliability
- Asymmetrical high-acceleration cams yield high intake efficiency
- Lightweight high-performance titanium exhaust header contributes to low and mid-range throttle response
- Electric starting facilitates quicker stall recovery and lowers rider fatigue
- Large-volume airbox contributes to both intake efficiency and sharp engine response. An air duct fashioned from polyethylene resists deformation caused by intake pulses and helps ensure stable engine performance
- Advanced engine tuning provides a broad torque curve and an optimized power delivery for quick acceleration without excessive wheelspin
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI)
- 32-bit digital fuel injection system with a 42mm throttle body
- System measures coolant temperature, air intake temperature, air intake pressure, engine speed and throttle position, then automatically delivers the ideal amount of fuel to optimize power delivery
- Crisp engine response is especially advantageous for instant acceleration after landing from jumps
- Promotes trouble-free starting –a great benefit in races with engine off starts
- Fuel injection allows the use of a lighter throttle return spring, which reduce rider fatigue
- The five-speed (one-down, four-up) manual transmission locates the reverse gear below first
- Actuating the reverse-lock release lever when in first gear allows you to shift “down” into reverse
- Compact reverse-lock release lever can be activated with the right thumb, allowing the reverse gear to be engaged while still keeping the front brake lever depressed
- The combined weight of the reverse gear system and the lightweight aluminum chassis is no heavier than using a steel frame without reverse
- Highly rigid frame contributes to the KFX’s excellent handling and traction
- The aluminum frame’s high torsional rigidity enhances stability in corners and allows the suspension to be easily set up to suit course conditions
- Designed for high corner speeds, the KFX450R sits low to the ground, helping to reduce roll tendencies
- Mounting the battery and coolant tank ahead of the engine lowers the center of gravity, and helps weight the front wheels for increased traction
- Single box-tube lower frame contains the front A-arm attachment points. This narrower design enables the use of longer lower A-arms
Advanced Suspension Design
- Dual-rate front springs deliver progressive suspension travel for excellent rough-terrain handling
- Extra-long lower front A-arms minimize camber variations through the suspension stroke, maximize front wheel traction and boost stability
- Rear shock features both low- and high-speed compression adjustability and adjustable rebound damping
- The curved lines and rounded edges of the cast aluminum rear swingarm help disperse stress, which along with its varied wall thicknesses equal a design that is both light and strong
- The swingarm’s high torsional rigidity contributes to excellent rear wheel traction
- The rear axle is tapered for less unsprung weight
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes offer strong, consistent stopping performance
- Petal-type rear brake rotors reduce unsprung weight and help clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance
- Integrated rear parking brake is designed to be easily engaged and released while wearing gloves. When engaged, the parking
Monster Energy Edition
- Special painted black aluminum frame
- Special black wheels
- Molded black Thermo-Plastic Olefin (TPO) bodywork provides ultra-high gloss appearance and is scratch-resistant
- Special Kawasaki Monster Energy graphics rake lever also prevents the clutch lever from being actuated
- Two-tone seat features a smooth top surface for excellent rider mobility and slip-resistant sides for good grip when hanging off in corners
- Seat, tank and side covers are shaped to allow excellent rider mobility and to provide support when hanging off in corners.
- Tapered Renthal Fatbar offers both strength and light weight
- Handlebar mount is designed to accommodate other MX-type handlebars, enabling riders to select from numerous after-market styles
- Specially designed rear wheels feature reinforcing plates for the rims. Located on the axle side of the rims, these plates reinforce the rims where strength is most needed while minimizing weight
- Wide front bumper, can be gripped with two hands to push/pull the ATV
- Two-piece “lapped” front and rear fenders can be replaced separately in the event they are damaged
- Detachable front headlight assembly can easily be removed for racing
- Optional kick-start system is available for MX-style (GNC) races where light weight is a priority
Engine:- Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single
Bore x stroke:- 96 x 62.1mm
Fuel Injection:- 32-bit digital, with 42mm Keihin throttle body
Ignition: - Digital AC-CDI
Transmission:- Five-speed with reverse
Final drive:- Two-wheel drive, chain
Frame type:- Aluminum double cradle, racing type
Front suspension / wheel travel:- Dual A-arms, coil-over shocks / 8.5 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel:- Swingarm with piggy-back reservoir shock, dual-rate spring / 10.0 in.
Front tires:- AT21x7-10
Rear tires:- AT20x10-9
Front brakes:- Dual 163mm discs with two-piston calipers
Rear brake:- 200mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper
Overall length:- 71.1 in.
Overall width:- 46.1 in.
Overall height:- 41.9 in
Seat height:- 30.9 in.
Wheelbase:- 49.4 in.
Ground clearance:- 4.3 in.
Lighting:- Dual removable headlights
Curb weight:- 394.7 lb
Fuel capacity:- 2.6 gal
Footpegs:- Sport-style serrated
Color: - Super Black
Warranty: 12 Months
Comment on this ATV